Why save water? Now more than ever, we need to be more mindful of our consumption of water and do our part to respect this precious resource. Call or whatsapp us on 087 276 8007 to discuss how to save more water in your plumbing system.
- Choose showers over baths: the average bath can use between 70-100 litres of water, versus showers that use much less between 10-30 litres.
- Upgrade your taps & shower heads : did you know that you can fit low flow aerators on taps and shower heads which significant reduce water use while still maintaining a strong pressure
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth: some people keep the tap running while brushing their teeth and can waste between 5-7 litres of water per minute which is not even being used. This is an incredible waste of water being sent back to the treatment plant basically unused. Additionally a leaky tap, shower or cistern that drips is equally as bad and should be replaced.
- Invest in a Water butt: there are containers located in your garden that collect the natural rain water from your rooftop (plenty in Ireland!) and can be stored until you need to utlise in your garden. Water sprinklers can be nice to watch but again waste a lot of water. Also have you ever considered using cooking water for your garden?
- Wash your dishes: Switching to hand-washing dishes from using a dish-washer can save an amazing 6000 litres per year! This is the equivalent of 6000 cartons of milk! Also avoid washing the dishes with the tap running and invest in a sink bowl.
- Buy yourself a water jug: if you prefer cold water to drink, then buy yourself a jug for the fridge instead of wasting upwards of 1-2 litres of water each time you are waiting for the tap to run colder.
You should at least try to implement 1-2 of these water saving tips immediately and call or whatsapp us on 087 276 8007 to discuss sustainable plumbing system options for your home.